instructions for stone meditation, 2017
1. Approach the stones.
2. Take 3 deep breaths: In through the nose. Out through the mouth.
3. Look at the stones. Continue breathing. Notice their different colours, sizes and textures. Take as much time as you like here.
4. When it is clear which stone you are drawn to touch, take it in both your hands.
5. Feel its weight and dimension.
6. Close your eyes and breathe with it.
7. Find a place to sit or lay down.
8. Place the stone on your body. Try holding it with different parts. Your throat, your chest, the crook of your elbow. Whatever feels right, until you find the place it wants to rest.
9. Close your eyes and breathe with it.
10. Feel its weight.
11. Connect with the stone. How do you connect with a stone….
12. Imagine it is alive.
13. When you are ready, thank the stone and replace it with the others.
14. thank it.
*Stones for this project were collected at various locations in and around Vancouver BC.